Sunday, June 29, 2008

Craving for Siopao


One of the most favorite things I like to do is "eating". (LOL) I think it's not only me, most of us love to eat but I observed something about myself. When I am not able to eat what I am craving for in an instant that I am so hungry, still I will not get full until I get what my taste buds need.

When we were strolling in the mall earlier my tummy started to complain and wants "chicken siopao." Not again! Even I was a kid I already love siopao. It's a complete meal for me. It contains both carbohydrates and protein and no need for me to eat rice and viand. It's been awhile that I was not able to savor one of my favorite filipino delicacies.
For those who don't have any idea what siopao is, it is a steamed bun with fillings. My most favorite filling is chicken but there are other varieties, like beef, pork, mongo beans, ube (purple yum). I remember my grandmother, she loves cooking and out of all her recipes I only asked her to give me a copy of her siopao recipe. Her own version of bun is not that super white compared to siopao sold in the market but it is so soft and tasty. Her fillings are not also the usual ones, one of those is sweetened coconut meat. The other kind of filling she put in is vegetarian meat, with potatoes, pineapples and spices. Those are super delicious. Though I was not able to keep the recipe she gave me, I am compiling some links you can refer to if you are interested to make your home-made siopao.

Siopao Recipe: Method #1
Steamed Dumplings

Pinoy Recipe
Kusina ni Manang (Manang's Kitchen)


No comments: