Monday, July 14, 2008

Toothpick Made Me Cry


One fine afternoon after work, I was walking in the street alone. The surrounding was so calm and it seems time went so slow. Suddenly, dark clouds covered the shining sun and the rain started to fall. I passed by a grocery store so, I decided to go inside. There was nothing in my mind on what to buy but I just killed the time and waited for the rain to cease. I started to walk in and came into the section where the cellophanes and paper pouches were placed. After taking few more steps, I stood in front of some nice scented candles in different shapes and colors. I picked one and examined how it was made. I was thinking to create one of those when I will have time. I saw more of the sold items but I did not get anything to buy and continued to walk around. I enjoyed looking around. I did not realized that it took me half an hour looking around and I noticed that the rain outside subsided already. I started my way going to the exit when someone held my right elbow and whispered to my ear, "follow me." My eyebrows met, wondering what that meant. I turned and saw that it was the security guard of the store. I heard my heart beating fast and pounding hard. My palms were sweating though the place was cold. I hardly opened my mouth to ask, "what is happening?” I heard no answer from him. My thoughts were playing on what exactly happened awhile ago but I couldn't think of anything that I have done wrong. My knees were trembling. Tears covered my eyes and were about to fall. As we came into the office on the second floor, there were two other people who were waiting. I saw several monitors for the different parts of the store. One came close and asked me to get something from my pocket. I was like, "what?!" He repeated, "get that thing in your pocket." So I slowly placed my hand to check what he wanted to see. To my surprise on my hand was New_stuff_1_2_24_07_017_2a box of toothpicks. Oh my! How did it get in there? I cannot remember that I placed something inside my blouse's pocket. I was about to explain but it was as if there was a lump in my throat that I couldn't speak but sob. In my mind I was asking "what must I do?" I was not able do anything but cry so hard. How I wished that I would be swallowed by the ground and that I would just disappear. I kept on mumbling to myself, "God, please spare me from this trouble". I was praying so hard. I was still crying and crying until I realized that......I was actually on my bed and that I was just dreaming. My pillow was wet already with tears and I felt my heart was aching. Hayyyy.... Thank God! It was just a dream. I don't want to be put to jail and be on shame just for toothpicks.

(Extracted from my other blog.... Al-t's Domain)

1 comment:

Perkymom said...

hayyy naks naman, totoong totoo kala ko kung ano na panaginip lang pala, ka experience sad ko ana damgo nga maghilak dayun tingala gud akong bana hahaha...