Sunday, July 27, 2008

Filipino Terms

I was too hungry earlier and was looking for anything to munch just to feed my growling stomach. I saw a cracker and asked my mother if I could have "sky flakes". The brand of the cracker is not sky flakes though but I still called it that way. Before I had my first bite, I laughed at myself because of the term I used to call the cracker. This is one of the examples of Filipino Terms. We sometimes call things by brand names instead of the generic names or we simply have our own term to refer a thing.

Here are other examples of Filipino terms we use daily. I know some of you are using these words in your daily conversation with other people.

Xerox = Photocopy
Colgate = Toothpaste
Coke = Soda
Bachelor (or any known bus company in the area) = Bus
Auto = Car
Frigeder = Refrigerator

I forgot the other terms. You may add if there's more you can remember.

No comments: