Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Who is Ken Lee?

I went to the dentist one time to have my tooth fixed. Just when I lay on the dentist chair, the song on the radio shifted to "Can't Live Without You" by Mariah Carey. I noticed that my dentist was giggling. She called the other dentist and told her that she saw on the youtube about this lady singing the same song but instead of "Can't Live" she sang "Ken Lee". I think that is funny. Well, I got curious that time what was the video all about but I was too busy and forgot to search on youtube. On my next visit to the dentist, the same song was played when I was on the chair. The dentist told me that every time I visit her she always hear the same song. That is ridiculous! I got more interested to see what really that video clip is.

Last night when I was in our unit my co-worker brought a compilation of funny video clips from youtube. I was writing on my charts when I heard "Ken Lee". I jumped out from where I sat and checked what they were watching on the monitor. I bursted out laughing when I saw the woman that my dentist told about. Good that only few patients were left to see how I laughed with my mouth opened wide. Finally, I was able to see what it is. I found out that the lady's name is Valentina and she is from Bulgaria. In fairness, her voice is okay except her lyrics but I do understand her because english is not her language.



I looked for more videos in youtube today about Valentina. It's amazing to know that many people like the way she sings and in fact in the other videos people from her place memorized already her own version of "Can't Live..." I saw also a remix of that song which is cool. It started to become a big hit all over the world.

I realized that language is not a barrier to reach one's goal. Valentina's performance seems like a tragedy during her audition but because she sang from her heart and she was not scared to pronounce every word that she heard many people admire her. I guess if she pronounced those lyrics well she would only be one of those ordinary contestants and she well be forgotten. It's true when they say that there's no harm in trying. She tried and gave her best. That is the spirit! More Power to you Valentina!


No comments: